To access the films on Kanopy, you will need to be a current member of a participating library. If you are unsure if your library participates, you can check this prior to creating your account at www.kanopy.com/wayf.
To create your account:
1) Click “Sign up” on www.kanopy.com, or on your library’s Kanopy website.
2) Create your Kanopy account by clicking on one of the social login buttons (Facebook or Google), or by entering your first and last name, email address, and password.
If you sign up with your email address, you will be sent a verification email to your email address. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click “Verify My Email” to continue your account set up.
Note: If you are not seeing this email in your inbox or spam, please contact email@example.com so we can help you with this.
3) If you are creating your account via www.kanopy.com, you will need to add your library membership. Click “Find your library”.
If you’ve created your account through your library’s Kanopy website, proceed to Step 5.
4) Select your library from the dropdown list.
If your library offers Kanopy, you will then be redirected to your library’s Kanopy page.
5) Click “Add library card”.
6) Enter your library card number and PIN and click Save.
7) Once your library card has been successfully connected, you will then be shown information about how your account works. Click Watch Now at the bottom of the page to begin watching.
You are now set up! When you are signed into your account, you can access your User Dashboard from the top right. On the Dashboard, you can manage your personal profile details, Watchlist, recently watched films, comments, and more. You can see more on the features of the user profile here.