Kanopy can host films that your library or institution owns. These films can be accessed and viewed just like any other films you license from us.
Benefits and Features
Kanopy's hosting service is not just a media management solution (where you upload films and are given embed codes) - it comes with the user website too so that your patrons can enjoy the films online as they might do on other consumer streaming websites. Our service includes a number of great features:
- Powerful video features: clip- and playlist-creation, embed button, transcripts, captions, and other user engagement tools
- User access controls: You can control and restrict access to particular films across your campus
- Website access: you can publish your films to your library's Kanopy website so that patrons can access the films online along with all of your other Kanopy films, linked from your library website and catalog
- Admin Dashboard: You can easily manage all of your hosted films from your admin dashboard and analyze and export live usage statistics
- Dedicated support: A personal account manager as well as prompt customer support
What is the cost?
Kanopy's hosting solution is flexible - you can upload just one film for a nominal cost or you can set up a larger package of films. Contact email@example.com for pricing information.
How do I get started?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about pricing and for instructions. We will provide you with an SFTP where you can send your video files to us for upload. Other assets to provide can be found here.
Once we have your files, we'll publish them to your site and get back to you with the links.