There are a lot of limitations with the embedding of films in PowerPoint and typically only works for videos on YouTube (and even then only when you are using the older embed codes on YouTube and using very particular versions of PowerPoint on particular devices) or videos on your computer. In general, you cannot embed any films from the internet into PowerPoint.
However, you will be able to link to films in PowerPoint. To do this:
- Copy the film link into PowerPoint, or
- Insert an image you would like to use to represent the film into Powerpoint and then paste the direct film link "behind" the image so that clicking on the image will open the film. To do this:
- Add the image to PowerPoint
- Right-click the selected text or image, then click Hyperlink. The Insert Hyperlink dialog box will appear.
- On the left side of the dialog box, click Existing File or Webpage.
- Click the drop-down arrow to browse for your file.
- Select the desired file.
- Click OK.