Watching Kanopy on Amazon Fire tablets
- Swipe through the welcome screens, then tap Sign Up.
- Enter your email address and choose a password to create your Kanopy account. Your password must be at least 6 characters.
- After creating your account, you'll receive a verification email. Click the link in the email to verify your email address.
- Return to the Kanopy app and search for your college, university, or public library by library name, then select your library from the list.
- For public libraries, enter your library card number and password/PIN, then tap Verify.
For university or college libraries, you'll be redirected to your school's login screen. Follow the prompts to log in.Note: If you get an error message, see our article about common errors when adding your library card to your Kanopy account.
Frequently asked questions
You can access your watchlist and library memberships through the app. To access your watchlist, tap the menu icon in the top-left corner of your screen, then scroll down and tap My Watchlist. Tap Continue Watching (in the menu list) to find films you haven't finished.
To access your memberships, tap the menu icon, then scroll down and tap Profile.
Google login is not supported on Amazon devices, so you'll need to add a password to your account. To add a password, log in to your account from a web browser, select your name in the top-right corner, then select My Account. Select Edit to add your password. Or, you can request a password reset from the app login screen.
On the login screen, tap Forgot password?. Enter your email address and tap Reset Password. A password reset link will be sent to your email address.
You'll need an internet connection to play films. They can't be downloaded to your device.
Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, then scroll down and tap Settings. Switch the Cellular Data toggle off. When this setting is off, you won't be able to stream films in the app unless you're connected to Wi-Fi.
Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, then scroll down and tap Settings. Then, select Video Quality. Select Auto to play videos at the highest quality possible, or select Basic to play videos at a lower resolution. Learn more about why a video may be poor quality.
While the film is playing, tap the speech bubble in the top-right corner of your screen. Then, select one of the available languages. Some films may not offer subtitles or closed captions.