Showing a film in class

Note: This article is for students and staff who use Kanopy with an academic institution.

If you're a student or faculty member, you can use any Kanopy film in your class. Films with public performance rights (PPR) can be used for extracurricular events, like film clubs or social events.

You can find these films on the Kanopy website by applying the "Public Performance" filter to search results. Scroll to the bottom of the filters and toggle "Public performance rights available" on. Note that this toggle will not appear if the search results contain no films with PPR.

Films with public performance rights have a "PPR" icon next to the running time on the details page.

Instructors can create video playlists for assignments and supplemental material. Learn more about creating clips and playlists.

Updated: 11 December 2023 12:16 PM

Related articles